How Can I Find a Sponsor?

Aggie Hoffman

My host family told me they will not be my sponsors for a student visa because it’s a very big responsibility for them (like if somebody does something bad to me, or I have a car accident, they may be sued). They really don’t know what is meant by “sponsor may be sued if person in item 3 becomes a public charge after admission [into the country]”. It’s not the same rules for everybody and it’s easy for me because I want to change my J1 visa into student visa F1. So how I can find another sponsor (organization or some company who offer sponsorship) so can I stay legal?

This is a complex situation and documents of the J-1 visa status must be reviewed before any opinion is given. You need to consult an experienced attorney to guide you through the process.

Have your own question similar to this one? Send a question to our Los Angeles offices and one of our specialists will contact you with an answer.
Bookmark the permalink.