G-639 FOIA Form

Aggie Hoffman

I’m a USC and I want to petition my mother for green card. Do I need to file a FOIA to get her former immigration history before filing I-130 as she left USA in year 1990 while she was under asylum status. She does not remember any case details.

It would be a good idea to have a copy of your mother’s immigration file, but you cannot file on her behalf. Only she or her attorney may do so. However, you do not need the file in order to initiate the immigration process by filing the I-130.

Have your own question similar to this one? Send a question to our Los Angeles offices and one of our specialists will contact you with an answer.
Bookmark the permalink.