Overstayed Visa

Aggie Hoffman

Here’s my situation: I am a Canadian citizen and have family in Orlando. I spend some months in Orlando where I have a house and the rest of the time in Canada. I am now in Canada and need to come in town to Florida to visit an ailing relative. When I tried to board the plane to Florida, I was stopped and they said I can’t come into Florida or the USA because I over-stayed my visa. Is there anyway I can get a temporary pass from America so I can come just for a week to visit my ailing relative, and then go back home to Canada? I have lots of family in Florida.

If you are a Canadian citizen you do not need a visa. Are you travelling with a different passport? You will need to consult an immigration lawyer to determine whether you would be eligible for a visa.

Have your own question similar to this one? Send a question to our Los Angeles offices and one of our specialists will contact you with an answer.
Bookmark the permalink.